Want to email your daughter’s crayon drawing to grandma? Upload your latest masterpiece to the web? Show your best friend pattern of your new wallpaper? A flatbed scanner makes it easy. Installing a flatbed scanner is used to be one of the major headaches of the wired world. Not anymore . It’s easy to set up your Mac laptop for a new scanner.
Things you need:
- USB – cable or Firewire – cable
- Mac Laptop
- Installation CD or downloaded drivers from the manufacturer’s website
- Check out the manufacturer’s website for the latest scanner drivers and software. Often, the installation CD does not contain the latest drivers and software. If there is a newer version, you can download the installer and save it to your computer.
- Assemble your scanner and set it up, where it will be easy to plug in and connect the USB or Firewire cable to your Mac laptop.
- Connect your scanner and power it up. Don’t connect it to your computer yet.
- Run the installer on your laptop from the CD or from the installer file you downloaded.
- Restart computer.
- Connect your scanner to your computer using a USB or FireWire port, depending on your available ports.