Are there any collisions in CSMA? If so, why?
- Explain the difference between CSMA/CD and CSMA/CA.
- Is it ok to use a router instead of a switch? Explain your reasons.
There will not be any collisions happens in the CSMA, because CSMA are capable of detection collisions, avoiding collisions and even have resolution techniques to the collision. So, for that reason there is no collisions happens in CSMA.
difference between CSMA/CD and CSMA/CA:
- CSMA/CD takes effect only after a collision while the CSMA/CA takes into account before the collision takes place.
- CSMA/CD only helps in minimizing the recovery time whereas the CSMA/CA helps in reducing the possibility of the collision.
- CSMA/CD are used in case of wired networks whereas the CSMA/CA is mostly used in the wireless technologies.
Yes, it is better to use a router rather than a switch as it breaks the collision domains and even breaks the broadcast domain.
Please login or Register to submit your answer